- Address: 1500 Barber Park Dr, Greensboro, NC 27401
- Barber Park in Greensboro, NC is a huge city park that features a playground, sprayground, indoor sports complex, baseball field, and picnic shelters and is sure to please all families and kids.
- Horses, dogs, or other animals may not run at large in any park or enter or swim in the lakes or ponds or enter any athletic surfaces or facilities.
- Accessible Recreation Features
- Natural Area
- 6 Picnic Shelters with a capacity of up to 144 people
- Tennis Facilities
- Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion, which houses eight Plexi-court tennis courts and four combination basketball/volleyball courts, all open for play year-round.
- Penn-Wright Baseball Stadium which includes a press box, concessions area, and stadium seating
- 18-hole disc golf course free to the public.
- Outdoor amphitheater available for rent
- One-mile walking trail
Barber Park Picnic Shelters & Rental
- Multiple Tables
- Cooking Grills
- Overhead lighting
- Electrical outlets
- They accept cash, checks, Master Card, Visa, and Discover. Make reservations year-round by calling the Barber Park office Monday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Rental fees vary at the parks. For more information, call 373-5888. Refunds are not allowed.
Barber Park Hours
Barber Park opens daily at 8 am, weather permitting. It is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Park Closing times are:
- 5:00 pm (January, February, November, and December)
- 7:00 pm (March, April, September, and October)
- 8:00 pm (May, June, July, and August)
Park gates will remain open for scheduled sporting events at the Penn Wright Stadium, and the Simkins Indoor Pavilion that exceeds normal park hours.
Address: 5834 Bur-Mill Club Rd, Greensboro, NC 27410
Bur-Mil Park is an expansive 250-acre North Greensboro park that features a clubhouse, a nine-hole lighted par 3 golf course, driving range, outdoor aquatic center, Wildlife Education Center, fishing ponds, the Lake Brandt pier, tennis courts, pickleball courts, horseshoe pits, volleyball courts, hiking and bicycle trails, and picnic shelters.
Bur Mill is very dog friendly. The Greenway and the trails are great for dogs and all are near water. Make sure your dog is on a leash.
They have 6 Bur-Mil Park Shelter that you may reserve by clicking on this link: https://web1.vermontsystems.com/wbwsc/ncguilfordwt.wsc/splash.html?InterfaceParameter=WebTrac
- Aquatic Center
- Tennis & Pickleball Center
- 3-Par Golf Course & Driving Range
- Atlantic & Yadkin Greenway/Trail Access
- 6 Picnic Shelters
- Wildlife Recreation Center
- 2 Fishing Ponds
- Lake Brandt Pier
- Plenty of Parking
Bur-Mil Park general park hours overall are:
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 pm
Address: 3905 Nathanael Green Dr, Greensboro, NC 27455
Country Park offers two stocked fishing lakes, a handicap-accessible children’s playground, pedal boats (that include dragons, ducks, and geese), picnic shelters, and extensive trails for jogging, hiking, and bicycling.
Bark Park, off-leash dog park located within Country Park
Two fishing lakes
Guilford County Veterans’ Memorial
Nature, hiking, and biking trails
Pedal boats cost $8 for 30 minutes for up to 5 people.
Country Park Accessible Features
These accessible park features can be reasonably accessed by someone using a mobility device:
7 picnic shelters
Accessible play feature with mulch surface
1.5 miles of paved trail
Country Park Picnic Shelters & Rental
To make a reservation:
Online Reservations: https://web1.vermontsystems.com/wbwsc/ncgreenwt.wsc/search.html?display=detail&frclass=SHLTR&module=FR&location=CYPRK
Or call 336-373-5888 to speak to a staff member to make your reservation.
To know about the rates of their Shelter Rental: https://www.greensboro-nc.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/48683/637535664178370000
Country Park Hours
Country Park opens daily at 8 am, weather permitting except closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
Park closing times are as follows:
5:00 pm (January, February, November, and December)
7:00 pm (March, April, September, and October)
8:00 pm (May, June, July, and August)
Best party supply stores in Greensboro, NC:
If It’s Paper: 1220 D Battleground Ave Greensboro, NC 27408
Party City of Greensboro – 5408 Sapp Rd Greensboro, NC 27409
Triad Event Rentals – 8-A Wendy Ct Ste 1 Greensboro, NC 27409
Best places to buy cold beer in Greensboro, NC:
Beer Co. – 121 W McGee St, Greensboro, NC 27401
Gate City Growlers – 1724 Battleground Ave STE 103, Greensboro, NC 27408
Craft City Sip-In – 2130 New Garden Rd A, Greensboro, NC 27410
Best indoor spots to throw a kid’s birthday in Greensboro, NC:
Safari Nation Greensboro – 3900 W Market St, Greensboro, NC 27407
Bumper Jumpers Indoor Playground – 4217 W Gate City Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27407
Breakout Games – Greensboro – 700 Carnegie Pl, Greensboro, NC 27409
336-265-2010ontent in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.